Ambrose Sungseok Seo
- P.I. of the Superlattices & Epitaxial Oxides Laboratory, University of Kentucky (2010-current)
- Professor (with tenure), Physics & Astronomy, University of Kentucky (2022-current)
- Associate Professor (with tenure), Physics & Astronomy, University of Kentucky (2017-2022)
- Humboldt Research Fellow, Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung (Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research), Stuttgart, Germany (2017-2018)
- Assistant Professor, Physics & Astronomy, University of Kentucky (2010-2017)
- Postdoc., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA (2008-2010)
- Postdoc., Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung, Stuttgart, Germany (2007-2008)
- Spin-orbital-charge dynamics of strongly correlated electrons via tuning the dimensionality in complex-oxide hetero-interfaces/hetero-structures, and their device applications.
- Controlled growth of atomic-scale oxide hybrid structures and thin films.
- Advanced characterizations using infrared/optical spectroscopic ellipsometry, inelastic light (Raman) scattering, and resonant x-ray spectroscopy/scattering.
- Materials properties in extreme environments such as high temperatures.
- Fundamental understanding of physical properties of energy devices such as solid-state Li-ion batteries.
Grants and Awards:
- Topical Materials Research Program (TMRP) Grant, Division of Materials Research (DMR), National Science Foundation (NSF) (2021)
- Research Initiation Award, NASA Kentucky Space Grant Consortium (2019)
- Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers, Humboldt Foundation (2016)
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, National Science Foundation (NSF) (2015)
- 젊은물리학자상 (Young Physicist Award), 한국물리학회 (Korean Physical Society) (2010)
- Graduate Student Research Award, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Seoul National University (2007)