- 2010-present, Assistant Professor, Physics & Astronomy, University of Kentucky
- 2010-present, PI of the Superlattices & Epitaxial Oxides Laboratory, University of Kentucky
- 2008-2010, Postdoc., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA
- 2007-2008, Postdoc., Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung, Stuttgart, Germany
- Spin-orbital-charge dynamics of strongly correlated electrons in complex-oxide hetero-interfaces/hetero-structures, and their device applications.
- Controlled growth of atomic-scale oxide hybrid structures and thin films.
- Advanced characterizations and analyses using infrared ellipsometry, optical spectroscopy, and resonant x-ray spectroscopy/scattering.
Honors and Awards:
- 2016, Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers
- 2015, National Science Foundation (NSF) - Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award
- 2010, Korean Physical Society (한국물리학회) - Young Physicist Award (젊은물리학자상)
- 2007, Seoul National University - Department of Physics & Astronomy - Graduate Student Research Award