LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Each year, the University of Kentucky Alumni Association recognizes six professors with the great Teacher Award and honors them with a plaque and a cash award at a recognition luncheon or dinner.. In 2021, the association recognized two College of Arts & Sciences professors. They are:
- Christopher Crawford, professor and director of graduate studies, Physics & Astronomy.
- Chad Risko, associate professor, Department of Chemistry.
The six recipients of the award are announced at a luncheon or dinner, attended by students, other faculty and past recipients of the award.
Since 1961, when the program was started, 308 faculty members have been honored. Recipients are selected by a committee appointed by the UK Alumni Association's Board of Directors and representatives of the student organization Omicron Delta Kappa.
- Hold the rank of full-time lecturer or above and have been a member of the UK faculty for the past three years.
- Have superior knowledge of their subject matter.
- Have original and innovative classroom presentations.
- Demonstrate concern for students, both inside and outside the University setting.
- Not have been a recipient of this award for the past 10 years.
The awards were given in May; to see a video presentation and learn more about the award, go here.